Wednesday, June 23, 2010

No longer a registered user??

Well that's interesting. The person who "bought" Capri is no longer a registered user on eBay. I can close my case tomorrow and get my final value fee back. Poor, poor baby has no mommy again.

Whooooo...want to see progress pictures of prototype Noah?
I think I will make you wait! :) I'm SOOOO bad!

I did not go and work my other horse last night as my husband was tired so we did a little shopping and went out for a bean Taco Salad. Yum. I SHOULD be combing mohair in the evenings but I have just wanted to root on Angelica/Kendall.

I said "MY other horse" didn't I? Well see, it's like this: This spring my husband got "baby" fever and wanted another young horse to train. He had a 5 yr old that he trained and he just wanted a challenge. So we bought 2 1/2 yr old Ruger. And he began training him. Ruger had been the "boss" of his previous owner all his life...pushing, biting and just being, well, boss. But he has been working up pretty nice. The biting thing is nearly gone but he still can be a bit pushy, especially with me. He just needs more reminders of who is boss.

Anyway, about a month after Ruger came to live with us, my old horse, Toby (28yrs old and in prime health) was put on summer rest due to a pulled tendon in his lower leg. I can't ride him or work him at all for the whole summer. So now Ruger has become "my" horse to use for whatever horsie things we might be doing. It occurred to me this weekend that he and I need a lot more time together! I spent all of Saturday ground working him as he was just totally out of his element at this event we went to. I want not figuring this scenario into my life but he is a sweet horse and we get along pretty good. He is NOT my laid back Toby but maybe this old dog needs to learn new tricks. I've been pretty spoiled on my calm Quarter Horse gelding for many, many years. (Ps...my dear husband will still do the majority of training on Ruger but I need to be pretty involved too so that Ruger respects me and I can use him for this summer. Oh and Toby is recovering very nicely!)

I usually don't post things about my private life on my blog~I just felt like it today :)

Hugs!


No comments:

Post a Comment