Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Taking my own advice.....

Well ladies, remember when I posted the topic on "How to be miserable as an artist"?
~sigh~

I must follow my own advice and I DO advise that list...after all I put it on my blog, right?

Here is the one that has hit me hard this week:

SET UNACHIEVABLE/OVERWHELMING GOALS...TO BE ACCOMPLISHED BY TOMORROW

The Prototype horse race is in full swing. Natalie's Jayden is well in the lead, with Laura's Kristeletta following directly behind. Marita's Chicklet and Zinny are about tied with Kristaletta. And Cathy Rowland's Leah and Logan are about 2 weeks behind those three. This is where I had to come to terms with "I can't do all this at one time it's too overwhelming!"

Marita Winters is my sweet friend. Marita Winters is a lady full of grace. All through this horse race, she has checked on me to see how my schedule was going and if she should pass my prototypes of Chicklet and Zinny onto other artists. We have played it by ear. Yesterday the horses wrecked when both Laura's and Marita's were being shipped at the same time and the ears had to listen to the clatter.

I have made the ever so hard decision to pass my prototypes of Chicklet and Zinny to another artist. I cried a few tears...silly I know. I wanted to reach this overwhelming goal and reborn those prototypes for my friend Marita but I simply could not do it since all of the prototypes are coming at once. None of us planned it this way and it's no ones fault. I just happened this way.

I am done crying now and am delighted that some other artist has the blessing and privilege of working with Marita and her gorgeous sculpts. :) I appreciate Marita in appreciating that even though I want to be much more, I am simply and only...human.

So, now we wait until Jayden arrives, hopefully tomorrow. His outfit is finished and pending shipment to the US from France this week.

In the meantime, I am finishing up prototype Capri's hair. I MIGHT have it finished before a late bed time tonight. I spent all yesterday afternoon and night on it.

And I've got mohair nearly ready to list on ArtFire again.

Lalalalalala..onward forward!

Hugs!

1 comment:

  1. Yes you are moving forward. Good idea to pass the babies on. I thought you might be getting buried. Glad you heeded your own advice.
    And you have more babies coming. So it's all good!
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete