Thursday, April 15, 2010

Angelica as a boy and Capri WIP



When the Angelica sculpt landed in my nursery, I really desired to reborn it as a boy but opted not too as most will want a girly girl to dress up in sun dresses. I came across this listing of Angelica as a boy and I think HE is adorable!!!

~Angelica as a boy Auction~

I think he looks like my nephew when he was a boy.

***************************

Capri is coming along nicely. I should just have a day to a day and a half left of painting on her.


I did a lot of very fine details yesterday~darkening the creases and folds, doing the nails, working on the brows and lips, blushing and mottling.


Again the blog is washing out some of the colors plus when I put the Genesis Matte Varnish on, it will draw out and blend together all the colors making her ever so stunning. It's hard to explain what that varnish does~it's just amazing stuff, no matter which paint I am using.



Other than combing out mohair and cleaning things up, I am taking the next three days off. Some of our adult kids are coming home and yipppeee...other than picking one up at the airport in the city (2 hours away) I get to stay home! It's the first weekend in 6 that I am staying home :)

Have a great Thursday! Matthew will pop in tomorrow and tell you about last weekend.

((((((((HUGS)))))))))




2 comments:

  1. Capri's coloring is awesome. I think she kind of looks like a boy though!! Just that kind of face.
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree SueAnn! I can't seem to find though where "Capri" is a boy's name and I like to keep prototypes named to the original name! Ack...we shall see how it goes. The hair will tell all I guess.

    ReplyDelete