Thursday, April 22, 2010

2 O'clock in the morning....

This is the post for Thursday~even though I've not yet gone to bed for Wednesday! LOL Seriously, I WAS going to go to bed earlier tonight but I had another artist stop by the house tonight and we spent 2 hours in the nursery just talking babies. I'll have to tell you, she was fully blown away emotionally by Angelica, now Kendal. It was awesome for me to see Kendal move someone that way :)

So, when a girl spends two hours talking babies, it really gets her thinking and excited!

Some exciting things are:

There is a horse race going on within the prototype world. Natalie Scholl's Jayden prototypes arrived to her today and she took some quick pics and got them shipped to the artists~one of them being me! I'm simply elated!!! Here are the pics Natalie took of Jayden~WOW! Natalie said that the body she used on him made him about 21" which is even MORE exciting!







The vinyl of Jayden has a LOT of details which is wonderful! I am so impressed and will be holding my breath until he gets here.

Now about that horse race....So Jayden is in the lead by a stretch and it's hard to say who is racing in towards him. The latest reports are that both of Cathy Rowland's prototypes, Leah and Logan are shipping this week as well as both of Marita Winter's Chicklet and Zinny prototypes with Laura Tuzio Ross' Kristaletta prototype falling behind and due to ship to the US at the end of this month. Kadump kadump kadump...who will come in first and who will be right behind? Any wagers?? The kit companies can be unpredictable you know!

I did root on Capri tonight and I am loving how she is looking. I just love that baby anyway. She could wear a sock on her head and I would still love her.

Speaking of rooting~I had tried the 42G "Ultra" (crown??) needles I bought from Bountiful Baby and I am not happy with some of the shapes and sizes of holes it leaves in SOME parts of the vinyl. Now this could be due to the vinyls I've been working on are made in China...it will be interesting to see how those needles work on German made vinyl. But in the meantime, since I'll be working on all these prototypes, I have placed an order with Tinkerbell Creations in the UK for what they do call the "crown" needles. I'll report on them after they arrive and I use them.

Oh well shucks...I might as well show you the little 10" Denise Pratt baby I am painting for a custom order. This would be custom order #4 on my 2010 custom order list. She's just barely started~





Isn't she cute????

Okay, I am tired now so I'll go and "take a little nap" as my wonderful friend Angie would say.

Goodnight!

3 comments:

  1. Yes do let me know about those needles. Curious I am. And your little one if adorable.
    Hope you got your nap!!?
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Got the nap and got the morning chores done so now I am ready for the day! Thanks SueAnn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm beyond excited for Jayden! Can't wait to see him/her all done! :)

    ReplyDelete