Sunday, February 28, 2010

Arianna progress and Angelica update!


AWE! I don't know about you but I am in love!


So is her mommy who is so anxiously waiting. I thank the Lord that her mommy has the gift of patience! :)

*********ANGELICA UPDATE********

I am so excited I can hardly breathe! Reva Schick's Angelica Child Doll Kit will be on her way to me on Monday...TOMORROW! I have to finish Arianna and do another baby size custom order before I can really focus on Angelica but oh wow...I am so excited! LOL

The downside of my Angelica is that she was supposed to be a prototype. There have been a lot of manufacturing problems with the Angelica kit and the prototypes came in one at a time and all of them had problems. The manufactures only offer a few prototypes and the three that were offered all had problems so there just are no more. One of them was reborn for Linda, the owner of Doll Dreams and was on display at IDEX. One is on ebay now while the other one is with another artist and is waiting new arms. Had there not been a problem, the one at IDEX would have been mine. :(

BUT....my Angelica will be a beyond stunning child doll of 5 yrs old. Ohhhh...I just can't wait to get her done and show her to the world! She will be offered on eBay and she will probably be on display at the March 20th Boise Idaho doll show.

*****MOHAIR PROGRESS****

I have three colors of mohair ready to post on Artfire. I will be combing out more today as I take my turn at running the local art gallery where I offer my babies for sale. My wrists are getting very weary and sore. I will do as much as I can, have some posted mid day tomorrow and hopefully more on Tuesday. I will be sending out a notification email to those on my list. If you want on my list, drop me an email at tngun05@gmail.com

Have a glorious day!

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on Angelica!! This is so exciting! I hope she arrives blemish free! Your Arianna is beautiful!
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angelica at Boise??!!!!! Oh my OH my!!!! I can hardly wait!! even though I tell myself NO!! NO!!! well..... Lets see. LOL Beck

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,
    I am from Germany and I am also doing a Arianna dollkit. But as I am a new reborner I am not sure what kind of hair I could take for my Arianna. I like your baby wíth its hair - I am not sure what to order - I have got yearling mohair from nicky creation but I think this is too short for her.
    Greetings from Germany
    Petra

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Petra,
    The hair I used on this Arianna was from an adult goat. I only use adult hair from one particular goat from the farm I buy from because it is simply amazing hair! I think that yearling hair will be just fine as longs as it's not too coarse. Depending on your rooting style you can use short hair or long hair. The other Arianna I did was rooted with short hair. Thank you for writing!
    Hugs from the USA.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete