Monday, February 22, 2010

I found a paint scientist!

Okay so she is really NOT a scientist but Angie, of Angie's Lil Dumplins has a lot more "scientific" information on paints than I do and she entered a fantastic post on her blog the other day.

She has gone above and beyond studying different paint medians and how they work. It's really good information!

All of you who are using LDC paints should read this~

~Angie's Blog~

Angie also has some good information pages on other types of paints too.


********************************

~Nursery Notes~

I've got people all over the world waiting for mohair and had a special request come in yesterday so that changed the landscape of my day yesterday. Some of my planned tasks were completed and some have been put on the back burner...again.

I took quite a bit of time and weighted Arianna's limbs and even more time to glue her eyes in. Oh my that was a real challenge for some reason. After ruining a set of eyes, I finally got it all done! Thank goodness I happened to have another set of those eyes waiting for an upcoming custom Arianna. I have plenty of time to order another set.

My plan while Arianna's glues dried was to root on a doll I have been working on for 4 months for a dear friend of mine. She will have to wait. Instead, I combed out mohair from mid afternoon until midnight last night! I did get one batch of mohair colored. Let's hope the color is correct for this order.

Today I will wash that colored hair out, comb it again and let it dry. I will also start rooting Arianna. And I get a massage later this afternoon :)

Have a good day...I know I will!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks Debbie!! Boy you had a busy day!! A massage is definitely in order. Good for you!
    I am going to visit her blog right now. Thanks for all your help too!
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie, you and Angie are my mentors in using the LDC paints...I'm gobbling every bit of info that I can from both of you! Last night I applied the Genesis Matte Varnish to my first doll...so thanks for "talking paint"!

    Dollyhugs,
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Wendy! We are all learning together and togetherness is what the reborn world is all about. :) Let me know how you are doing with your doll!

    ReplyDelete