Sunday, February 7, 2010

Back to work!

Hello everyone!

Wow....my cold has subsided and my mind feels almost human again~I can think!

Thinking can be a dangerous thing for me! I did not sleep much at all last night as my mind went through all kinds of thoughts.

The biggest thing on my mind is my Mom. Mom became ill and ended up in the hospital the Sunday of IDEX. This week has been murder on me in that I could not go to see her (5 hours away) since I had this cold. I have siblings in the area but all were working and no one could just stay with mom. She is home now and again, I want to be there full time but still am not well enough. My siblings are checking on her and my 15 yr old niece lives with her and is taking good care of her. If all continues to go well, by the time I am fully recovered she might be doing pretty great too so I will keep my planned visit of Feb 19th as it's a grand daughter's birthday and I was going to go up and visit everyone anyway. My two kids, my two grand kids, Mom and many siblings all live within 75 miles of each other.

Then there are future doll shows to think about. I really wanted to go to the Portland OR show on Feb 13th but I just can't do it. I have dolls available for adoption but having the cold I already feel behind on things and with the trip I will be making to see family it's just not feasible. And I MUST start on my 2010 custom order babies! I will be starting #1 Arianna today!

I will be attending the Melinda's Dolls Show on March 20th in Boise Idaho.

~BOISE Idaho Show~

And I am seriously contemplating this show in August:

~Knights Southeastern Doll Show-Asheville NC~

And many are suggesting this show in October:

~Doll and Teddy Bear Expo Winston-Salem~

However, there are two smaller shows in Boise Idaho that I like to attend in October and my customers love for me to go there too. I will have to decide.

Tomorrow the remainder of my show supplies will arrive via Fed Ex. That will bring much work to me to put all of that stuff away. I may not be able to reborn at all tomorrow as I just cannot function in that kind of a mess.

So I better get to it today!

Happy Sunday! It's good to be back!


2 comments:

  1. Debbie, I very seldom comment on your blog, but believe me, I never miss it! I've read it since it's inception, and savor every post.

    I'm always amazed at your level of energy! Wow! How do you do it all??

    You are the #1 doll artist in my book. Your babies are so life-like one gets the feeling they will start kicking any minute!

    The tips and instructions you give other artists are priceless. You have such a kind heart by sharing your knowledge with others. Keep up your wonderful blog and all the beautiful work you do.

    Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness Rosie! Wow! Lil ole me #1 in your book?!?!? I am speechless! Thank you! WOW!

    I love my work and love sharing it too. It's my pride and joy for my days. :)

    Thank you for your faithfulness to the blog~I thought I was so nuts to take on something like this and I find that I miss it a lot when I take a break from it. It's been a ton of fun!

    Huggies and Pampers to you!

    ReplyDelete