Monday, November 26, 2012

Back to work!

I am delighted to be back to work today!

I had a lovely and relaxing time off with my family.  Wednesday found me preparing for Thanksgiving dinner and cleaning up the house.  And I had time to go over to my daughters for my granddaughters cookie decorating party  :)
Me, in the middle, with daughters Jesse (L) and Jill (R)
 That's my grandgirl, Jena, on the Right.
 They are all good decorators!

Thursday morning found our family trotting with the turkeys (hehehehe) at the annual Turkey Trot to Feed the Hungry 5K run/walk.  Last year, my grandgirl and I signed up to walk the race but she ran most of it so this year, she and I signed up to run.  She is a good runner and we broke my current pace record in this 3.4 mile race! 

This was daughter Jesse's first walking event and she did great!

Of course, we had to wear silly turkey visors!  


Son Bobby, husband Calvin and friend Alan. 
We had a GREAT time!

We had a large dinner around 2 pm.  The kids all went home around 4 pm and hubby and I parked on the couch and spent the rest of the afternoon into the night watching "Once upon a Time" episodes on NetFlix!  LOL  I can't remember the last time I sat on the couch for that long and did...NOTHING!
So thankful for the entire day and for my family!

I decorated the house on Friday and bought a few gifts.  We actually did go to one store on
"Black Friday" which we usually don't do.  But it was okay since we are a small town/city.  

Saturday found us out in the woods searching for the perfect Christmas Tree.

 This one is IT!   HAPPY!
 Jena wanted to drag it to the truck!  LOL  She did GREAT!  Atta girl!
 Pretty little tree in the house.  Do you see the trouble that lurks just below the branches?  
Oh my!
 The handwriting was on the wall having a new, curious kitten in the house so we didn't put up ANY glass ornaments and since the branches are so tender, we only put on the ones that were super light...and nothing on the bottom row of branches except for bells to warn us that the kitten was under the tree.  She has already tore down the garland and messed up the lights.  Poor thing might not survive Christmas (the tree that is, not the kitten!  LOL)
Yesterday we put up the lights outside and had 1/4 of a load of firewood delivered for the back-yard fire pit.  Wonderful things happen out in that fire pit!


Jena also came over yesterday and we changed a couple of babies into Christmas clothing.  
I'll save those pictures for later.  :)

Today I listed the new batches of mohair on Artfire and I'll be rooting little miss Ashleigh. 

 Moving forward to Christmas! 

No comments:

Post a Comment