As I worked yesterday, I wondered if there was too much retarder in the pre-mixed paints.
I was losing some of the visual texture as I worked.
After speaking with Stephanie Sullivan today, I learned that there is not any retarder in the pre-mixed colors, except for three of them; the vein color, the blush color and the purple wash.
She told me that I don't have to use ANY water with these paints so that makes me excited to start day 3 today.
The paints are very translucent and lovely.
Here are little Ashleigh's pictures from day 2:
I am seeing some area's become shiny, like top of these fingers. (You can see shine on the bottom of her fingers in the picture above this one, but they were shiny from the start) But I used layers and layers of watered down paint to achieve color. It could be operator error as I did not have to use any water.
I'll see what happens today.