Tuesday, October 16, 2012

42 gauge COMPACT needle

I've had them for quite some time now...
The 42g "Compact" needles from Precious Little Baby Dust.

Precious Little Baby Dust is closed down for a year of rest, but the same needles can be found at 

I finally started using them on big boy Trinitee.

I think I am in love!  

They are designed to use with the "one hair rooting method" because they are great for grabbing the single hair that is pulled from the lock, but I am using my old method of rooting at the cut end of the lock.  My lock is very tiny with very few hairs available to grab.  

These needles catch better than the 42g Crown needles I have loved in the past, which is why they are perfect for one hair rooting.  I admit, they catch real well and I am spending some time pulling extra hairs out.  I will attempt the one hair rooting on a much smaller head.  I wanted the Trinitee sculpt to have a bit more hair which is why I decided to use my old method anyway.

So where am I with that big ol' head?
I have the back completely rooted and will begin sides today.  He is going to be adorable! 

XXOO

 

No comments:

Post a Comment