Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Well THAT'S interesting....



A fellow Doll Fan member posted this 
regarding my oily Tika.

This was the first statement that caught my attention:

"Note: All vinyl dolls, regardless of the manufacturer, can become shiny or slightly oily over time.  While many doll makers and sellers may pretend this problem doesn't exist with their dolls (which it does - it is a part of the chemistry in vinyl production) we are willing to not just acknowledge it, but offer a solution!"

I have never had this problem with all the different types of dolls and doll kits I've worked with over the years.  Interesting...very interesting.  

I've not done anything with Tika yet.  Still contemplating.

So today is our annual fall schedule change.  ~sigh~
We (husband and I) have been working 4-10 hour days a week since this spring but are now are going back to 5-8 hour days a week.  I will miss my three days off BUT, I typically get more rooting and mohair processing done in the winter months since I have so much time in the evenings.  I'm so not good about doing "nothing" so if we watch TV or have nothing going on at all, I do those things.  They are relaxing to me, usually.

And sometimes I play.  I've had a little bit of time to play and have changed a couple of babies for Halloween.  I don't like Halloween but I do like the costumes for babies!

Reborn Billy's first Halloween:

 OOAK Jeremy who just got back from Canada for a repair to his leg joint:
 And my special boy, OOAK Kenji.  He would have dressed up more but...he fell asleep!

 Ohhh...it's FALL! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment