Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Nursery Notes!


Wow! So much is going on in the nursery right now!

The most exciting thing is that Marita Winters received the prototypes for Sweet Stuff today so mine will be in the mail to me tomorrow! This baby is not for IDEX but to list on eBay for the world to see Marita's beautiful sculpting ability.

While I wait for Sweet Stuff, I have finished painting a special little project...a unique little idea that came out from Doll Dreams not long ago.

It's a "shadow box or picture" baby! I was not sure what to think of the idea at first but I totally love it now!

The baby is flat on the back and is sculpted only down to the hip torso. There are no legs and the right arm is meant to be glued into position but I am going to do something different with it making it pose able. :)


The baby can have many themes and fits in a large, wide shadow box. I am not fully done with the baby yet but I could not wait to show it off.



IDEX baby #5 has about half of her hair. I had to start over on her as what I rooted first was just too thin. This is taking extra time.

IDEX baby #6 is on the painting table and MIGHT be fully painted by the end of tomorrow.

And I got another kit that I would love to paint up as an AA baby and take to IDEX but I am not sure I can get it done. Time will tell.

So things are moving along. I have been processing mohair in my "spare" time Hahahahaha.

Have a great Wednesday!



No comments:

Post a Comment