Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Welcome red-headed Orly!

This little girl could be called a baby for all seasons!
I intended to have her done in the first week of January so I bought her a winter themed outfit.  


When that didn't happen, I matched her up with this precious Valentines Day themed dress...
complete with sun glasses!

When THAT didn't happen, I decided to try for St. Patrick's day!
I made this deadline and Orly looks really great in green. 


And just to be safe, I thought I better throw in a nice Easter dress:
I am sending her on her way home today.  
I think I will miss her very much!  

To prep Orly for reborning, I used Genesis Matte Varnish to build up her eyebrow texture and create texture in her mouth.  (I also added a few glass beads to the varnish in her mouth to create "taste buds"  :)
 I used Genesis Glazing Gel to create nail texture.
After I cured those products and allowed her to cool, I coated her vinyl with 
Folk Art Glass and Tile Medium.
This process turned out SO lovely.  
I rooted her head with my own hand-dyed kid angora mohair using a 42g COMPACT needle and many, many, MANY hours!  This baby's head is 16 inches in diameter...oh my goodness...I thought I would never finish.



I used a Chelle's Babies Nursery "Trinitee Sands" body for her.
It was just right making her 20 inches with her chubby bent legs and gave her a chubby little belly.
And a darling little bottom!
I am so pleased with this baby!!  


See you tomorrow! 
XXOO

2 comments:

  1. Debbie she's so beautiful! Her lucky mommy will have many years of joy thanks to your lovely artwork.

    I LOVED all the outfits too! Any excuse to purchase some new dolly clothing right???

    dolly hugs,

    MA

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! ANY excuse to purchase new dolly clothing works for me! I am a baby clothes addict!

    Thanks Mary!!
    XXOO

    ReplyDelete