Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Creating a calm nursery

I love hearing from my readers!

A reader shared a post on her blog that she thought might be a good fit to post on my blog.

Well, as a granny who is expecting 4 new grandbabies this year (that will more than DOUBLE my current stock~LOL) I think the post is a good fit.

Read "Creating a Calm and Soothing Nursery for your Newborn"


I would make one addition to the blog post. 
It's in regards to cribs.  
My goodness...cribs do not stay on the market for very long these days without being recalled so I suspect that any crib we used as a child would certainly not be up to standards.  
There could be an exception or two I suppose.  If a crib was hand made by a family member, it may be much more sturdy than today's cribs and if the sliding rail were a problem (the main culprit to today's recalls) there are kits that can be purchased to lock the sliding rails into place.  Of course one has to measure the distance between the slats as well as the distance between the slats/head and footboards and the mattress to make sure they are up to code as well. 

I personally love sliding rails and am sad that you can't even buy a sliding rail crib these days.  
Good thing I am not a new mommy.  

Enjoy your day!


No comments:

Post a Comment