Thursday, February 7, 2013

New adventures

My husband is going to be gone for two weeks....a perfect time for me to not only work extra hours 
on Prototype Mikki but to spend my "off" time working on some new projects.

I strongly desire to reborn two of my mini Bonnie Chyle OOAKS as well as one of my solid silicone baby dolls.

The OOAK reborns will be pretty much like working on vinyl.  I can use air dry paints and there just isn't anything difficult about it.

The silicone will be a different story altogether!

The baby I have selected to reborn is a small doll from Rita Rich-Arnold.
Rita tells me that this little doll, Laurel, is made of tin based silicone.  

She will be my test baby for silicone painting (although I have learned~but not tested~the technique for painting platinum based silicone) as I desire to start offering silicone reborns to the collectors.

I have had the privilege of being mentored by the one of the leading silicone painters in the field and I am now ready to launch on this new journey!

Yesterday, in between many appointments, I managed to prep all three dolls to receive their new paints.  I didn't get any real "work" done due to all the appointments and how they were spread out.

And I won't be working on Mikki today either.  My husband is coming home early and I just don't want to attempt trying to be focused on this kit.  
I will root Nala instead.  That is a project I can be interrupted on and not be stressed about.

I'll try to pop in tomorrow morning and share a few pictures of my twins other new outfits, but I won't promise as tomorrow is a trip to the city to drop hubby off at the airport and shopping.

Hugs!


No comments:

Post a Comment