Sunday, February 10, 2013

New adventures!

Yesterday was my "day off" so I embarked on a couple of new adventures and projects on babies in my personal collection.

The least nerve racking project was to reborn my two little Bonnie Chyle 
One of a Kind clay babies.  
I really was not worried about repainting these ones at all.  I know that clay is just as easy to paint as vinyl and that I can use my normal air dry paints.  

Here they are all taken apart and washed.  I spoke with one of the clay painting experts in the field who assured me that I don't have to remove the old paint unless it was excess and to just wash the clay with a damp cloth~no cleaners or strippers.

The one on the left will be a girl and the one on the right will be a boy.


He had quite a bit of glaze on his cheeks that didn't come off with water:
But I didn't want to use a stripper to try to remove it so I used 
Folk Art Glass and Tile Medium to cover it.  I'm happy with the results.

Here they are with the start of their new paint.
HE grew a TOOTH!  :)

I'm having so much fun with them!  
I should be able to finish their paint today~after I prep Prototype Mikki with Folk Art Glass and Tile Medium.

I've drug my feet a little bit with her due to having a difficult time deciding what I wanted to do with her (boy/girl, Caucasian/Ethnic, and types of paints and preps)
plus I had a lot of appointments and obligations last week.  But I'll be back on 100% focus this week.

This next project is the one that has made me sweat a bit!
 My first silicone reborn project!
Of course I studied different processes of repainting silicone and I've been mentored by one of the best in the field but as with all things, I gather what I like then create my own way.
I'm not yet positive that my own way is going to work but I'm not frustrated just yet so I'll keep moving forward.

This is little Laurel by Rita Rich-Arnold.
I spent time yesterday prepping her silicone so that the paints will stick.  
As you can see, she has a lot of texture to her skin.  Some was already there in the original silicone and some I added incidentally through the process.

 I see I have a finger print on her face!  Lesson's learned.  I may be able to fix that.

Either way, I am having a good time.  It always makes me giddy to try new things and create.  

I'm still working on Nala Faber (renamed to Orly by her expecting mommy) in the evenings.  
I just have the top of her head to root!  Whoo!

Happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment