Friday, August 10, 2012

Sharing my collection Friday~Sauder Village babies!

Of course you know that I brought babies home from the show!  LOL

The first and most special one is Baby Chrissie.  Remember her?  


She is extra special because when my sister and I were little, our mother demanded that ONE of us should have Baby Chrissie for Christmas, but we BOTH wanted Baby Alive (the one that ate "real" food).
My sister, being the older sister that she is, said that she would take Baby Chrissie, and I got Baby Alive.
We moved from Ohio to Idaho when we were 9 and 10 yrs old.  She brought Baby Chrissie but I didn't bring Baby Alive.  We were allowed to bring one toy so I brought a stuffed dog my grandmother and I made (to which I still have).
Baby Chrissie turned up missing out of the front yard a few years later.  My sister found another one later in her life which burned up in a house fire.  
A few years ago, I purchased one from a gal on a doll forum and had it secretly sent to my sister.  She was in tears.
So she found it only fitting when she saw Baby Chrissie at the Sauder Village show to purchase her for me since I did not have any childhood dolls and since we cannot seem to find the Baby Alive in the original version that I loved so much.
Here is a picture of the three of us  :)
And a few more shots after I had played with her some:


I think tomorrow I'll tell you about how much fun we had playing dollies and show you some pics of my sis and her new dolls!  She was so adorable and the gals bordering my tables had a ball watching her play with her new dolls!  

This little face captured my heart at this show:
Her name is Sugar and she was created by the talented Melissa McCrory.
She is my first full bodied silicone baby!  She is a tiny preemie so she does not weigh much and I adore her!


 Her precious bunny set was made by Shirley.  Shirley goes to all the shows and does exceptional and adorable work!


 My sis bought her this little angel sleeper~it's so sweet, like her and my sister!

I am simply delighted with my new babies!

1 comment:

  1. What I always loved about Baby Chrissy was her size -that tummy and chunky legs not to mention beautiful face....I adore your new babies!
    ~Nita

    ReplyDelete