Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Hair on the goat! Trip to the mohair farm :)

Oh what fun it was to run my fingers through the lovely locks of angora hair as it remained on the goats!

You see, it's not quite time for the fall clipping but my wonderful goat farmer is taking some of her flock to the Flock and Fiber show in September and she needed to know which goat's fiber I would be wanting to purchase so that she could choose which goats to take and which ones she could sell.

I didn't take pictures of all the goats to which I am purchasing fiber from but here are some general pictures from the flock.

Peek-a-boo, MAYBE I see you...but maybe my hair is in my eyes!  LOL


Look at this sweet baby kid goat!

Lucy, Lucy, Lucy!  I LOVE your locks...always have!  I am definitely purchasing Lucy's fiber!

Some more random shots:


And my FAVORITE picture of all....
A kid goat and a kid!

The goats will be shorn the end of September, first part of October and then the new, raw fiber will be in stock. 

Many of the goats are new to the farm as Pleasant Hill Farm Angora Goats herd master is working toward eliminating the coarse fibers that can sometimes be found amidst lovely mohair.  She constantly works towards creating the best angora fiber.  How exciting is that?



No comments:

Post a Comment