Tuesday, November 16, 2010

BACK from vacation!



Oh wow! What an amazing time I/we had in Tuscon!

Our group of 7 who planned to join ended up being just 4 of us due to circumstances beyond anyone's control. Next time my friends, next time :)

So here we are from L-R:
Sandy, Sharon, Me and Debra.

I had met Sandy at IDEX (knew her from online before that) where she took my LDC painting class. Let me tell you~this lady, who is very new to reborning, does not need much help from me! Her babies are wonderful!

Sharon has been a long time customer-turned-friend and we first met in person at my home in the fall of 2007.

Debra used to make doll bodies under the name of Debra's Doll Designs. I began ordering bodies from her back in 2005 and let me tell you, they are the BEST bodies! I love them and miss them! It was a thrill getting to finally meet her. We've tried to meet in the past but just had things always come up.


Debra could not wait to meet Giovanni!

Sandy holding my Jason and sweet miss Kaitlyn who I made for Sharon. Next to Sandy is one of her reborns, Noelle who I just love! Oh and btw, Sandy is an award winning artist! She won several awards at Tiny Treasures/IDEX in 2010....and she's only just begun reborning! Excellent!

Sandy's Mika sculpt:

And here you have it! 21 TNGUN reborns all in one collection! These babies all belong to Sharon. We pulled them from all over the room to group them together for this picture and for what I came here for in the first place....

Signing 21 TNGUN reborns! (Okay, so there were a few that were signed but I had to check them all just to be sure)

We enjoyed Sharon's home and dolly room so much! I took a bunch of pictures, as did the other ladies but I'll just post a few to give you a feel for her room.
Here is a group of bigger girls:

And the wall where the crib is: (Just GORGEOUS!)

A corner shelf made up as a small doll "house":

Her gorgeous vintage chandelier:
We enjoyed a fabulous meal together supplied by all of us and then we had a "baby shower" gift exchange, white elephant style. We all came home with a wonderful gift that suited each just perfectly.

And of course we all shared the dolls we brought. Here is my Lousia by Selena Saxton all dressed up in the new dress Auntie Sharon gave her:

My gorgeous Alexia reborn by Mandy Gernand of "Babies of Chrysalis Meadows". I LOVE this gorgeous baby!

Alexis and Olivia Grace, my new Angela Harris OOAK:

And of course the major Ham, Giovanni:
One of the most exciting things we did was to join up via video chat with our friend Sally in Seattle. She was hosting another dolly day so both dolly groups got to see each other live and share what we were all doing and what babies we had to show off. THAT was AWESOME!!


Besides having babies at my 24 hour disposal, hanging out with wonderful dolly friends,
I also immensely enjoyed a tour of Sharon's husbands train room....look how real this shot looks!
I was taken to see the sights of Tuscon and well, girls can't get together without shopping! So we did a good measure of that too. My box is on the way home via the USPS system! LOL I'll share when it arrives as I'm so excited with what I bought!

One of the sights that impressed me a lot was the Air Force base! There were HUGE planes and jets for what seemed like miles!
I really enjoyed my visit with my friends Bob and Sharon. Tuscon is a wonderful HUGE city and the terrain is just intriguing. And the dolly day just topped it all off. What a pleasant and relaxing mini-vacation!

Back to work now! Prototype Nicky Jack was here when I arrived home and also the Precious Little Baby Dust DVD which I watched some of last night...oh my gosh, Rachel and Cassie are amazing! Go order it!! Okay, you MUST order it?? Will you PLEASE order it? Oh heck..just order the thing! LOL

Hugs!

1 comment:

  1. looks like a great time was had by all Debbie...I love driving by the base and seeing all the planes, it is so awesome!

    ReplyDelete