Monday, November 29, 2010

Art Gallery window/Christmas and art in general


From this......

To a more festive appeal:

Yesterday found me at the Short Term Art Gallery in my little city. I have the privileged of showing in one of the window displays for the months of November and December so I decided to make the display a bit more festive.
I was not able to do all that I wanted to do as there was an issue getting a key to get in and I ran out of time, but I do think the new display adds a bit of holiday cheer to the setting.


Logan is waiting to find his new family. His twin, Leah, has gone home to Canada and he is all alone. Poor baby.

I only made a few changes to the back side of the window display~by adding some stockings and a few "gifts":

During my gallery-sitting time yesterday, my eyes gazed across the gallery that is filled with wonderful and creative artwork....so many gifts/treasures...and so few customers. My heart was saddened and caused me to think about the future of art. Upon my arrival back home, I opened up my email to find the Gallery Newsletter in my inbox. Below is an interesting article, in part, that I thought would be perfect on today's blog:

Buying Art? What about value?

Economic instability of the last couple of years has led to more questions about the lasting value of art. Though some collectors still think about the investment value of art in dollars, most experienced collectors know the true value is in the lasting enjoyment art brings to their lives. As a symbol of their personal identity, spiritual values, or view of the world, a collection of art gathered over the years comes to have a meaning that can't be measured in monetary value.


Very well said.

Have a glorious Monday!




4 comments:

  1. Awe, Logan is so adorable in that bouncy seat!

    Can I ask where you found that "mini" crib Jason is in? It's such a perfect size for a reborn (who doesn't outgrow it, LOL). I would love to find one to replace the mosesbasket I have in my nursery.

    Good job making it look so festive by the way!

    Hugs,
    Nina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Nina!
    I found that crib about 6 or so years ago at a small toy shop here in town. They used it to display dolls in. I asked the owner if the crib was for sale and he did not think so but he called his wife anyway. I guess money talks because I came home with that crib moments later. It's a GREAT little vintage crib :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Logan is so cute!
    is he for sale

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! I am glad that you like him but no, he has been adopted.

    ReplyDelete