Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Loving North Carolina!

Hello Everyone!
I am having a wonderful time in NC! The people here are so nice. I was told about Southern Hospitality but WOW! I love it!

It is raining though! A tropical storm decided to move in on us. I don't mind the rain, really, as I don't see very much of it where I live and the hotel/convention center complex that I am at really is lovely and fun.

Pat Moulton (sculpting artist) and her husband were on our last flight into NC. They are very fun people and I enjoy seeing them at these events.

We chatted with Paulette Goodreau and family at the Modern Doll Convention. What a lovely group of people!

Dianna Effner arrived this evening and we visited with her a little bit too. We will get together more this weekend.

I've met up with 5 of my students and talked with a 6th on the phone. We are all very excited about the class in the morning. And, well, no the box of supplies has not arrived YET but I have a plan and we will still have an amazing journey together! My receipt says the box should have arrived on the 27th (Tuesday) and I've had the hotel staff search BOTH hotels for the box. But it's okay...we will make do and I'll still do what I do real well~teach. :)

So it's late and I must get to sleep. Oh wait! THE FOOD! It's amazing and I'll have to do some major diet changing and exercise when I return because it's all deep fried and full of sugar and salt! Today I had fried okra, fried green tomatoes, sweet potato pie and sweet tea all at one meal! IKES! Mmmmmm.

It's charming here. Just charming.
Hugs,
Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment