Monday, September 6, 2010

Back from the Portland Doll Show!


The Portland Doll show is just FUN! It's short...only from 8:30 am to 4 pm but it's always just FUN!

Because it is a short show, I don't get much time to wander around so I only have pictures of my table to share. Here is the full table:


I had 9 babies for adoption and adopted 4 :) The babies that were adopted are Carter, Yentel/Yasmine, Kristen and Jamaar. Kendall was picked up by her new mommy so that was very fun as well.

The twins Logan and Leah will be going to EXPO with me:

These two are both adopted: Kristaleta will be going to Australia later this month (she's been on layaway and I took her to let her shine) and Kristen has a new mommy:

Kendall , Fawn, Jamaar and Noah. Jamaar found a home, Kendall went home, Fawn is on eBay now and Noah will be going to EXPO. Jessica Schenk tried to attend this show to which I would have had her sign Noah but she just could not get away from family obligations.

Jason, Capri, Yentel/Yasmine (adopted), Carter (adopted) and Cody. Capri will be going to EXPO.

Kendall and I: (oh my do I miss her but I will see her again someday)

Me, Janice and her new baby, Kristen:

Me, Debbie C and her new baby Jamaar:

There was a huge interest in me teaching a class in the Portland area so that is on the agenda for the late winter, early spring. I'll announce the time after EXPO as there is always so much that happens after a show that it's best to plan later when I can see the future more clearly. LOL...I sound like a fortune teller!

I had a great time talking with old friends....and new ones. And I brought home a little all vinyl Kewpie doll to add to my collection. I've wanted one for a long time and the one I found had on a little white and lavender dress that matches my nursery~too cute!

The hotel was fabulous and the hot tub even better! :)

I spoke with Dianna Effner on the way to Portland regarding my visit to her studio and doing her prototype Huggy Bear. There have been some production issues going on with Huggy Bear so we are going to discuss how we are going to approach the tasks at hand when we meet at EXPO.

I have exactly 21 days before I am back on the road to Portland to fly out to Winston-Salem NC. In that three weeks, I have a full size baby to finish, a full size yet to reborn, two 10" babies to reborn and IF I have time (NOT likely) another full size baby. These are all babies for EXPO. I better get busy!

Hugs!

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on a successful doll show!! Your babies looked wonderful!
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  2. were is this store i relly want a reborn baby i will pay 590.00 dolers for 1 baby girl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jazzy, you can find my babies for sale on my Facebook Page:

    http://www.facebook.com/index.php?lh=9fe227cc0ce5db9de1ce0c6d86b28966&eu=3mMntguGUmncLWdJWmv83g#!/pages/They-Never-Grow-Up-Nursery-Reborn-Dolls/112881938779365

    Thank you for your interest!

    ReplyDelete