Thursday, September 30, 2010

"It's in the box"

What an amazing day we've had! In spite of NOT having the box of supplies, we have had a great teaching and laughing day. We talked about "thinking outside the box" when it comes to painting dolls and we've talked about what is "in the box" (that is not here with us).

I am beyond blessed...that really is all I can say. My 7 students have been more than understanding of the lost box.

Between what I brought in my luggage, what my room-mate friends brought, what some of the students brought, what Dianna Effner brought and the cups we got from the cafeteria, I was able to teach a really good class on multi-dimensional skin tones. I will continue the class in the morning.

We set up the show table tonight. Some of the things for the table are...."in the box". But we made do there too. My table is simple as I packed the show in my luggage, but I am happy with it. The show starts at 11 am tomorrow. :)

It really was a fun and exhausting day. And...I am blessed.

XO

2 comments:

  1. cocosbabes on DF or CorinneOctober 1, 2010 at 7:02 AM

    HiDebbie !

    Thank you so much for keeping us posted on what's going on at Expo ! Poor you with no box arrived...But I know you'll have a great expo !
    Give a kiss to your splendid Giovanni for me ! I so much wish I had been able to come to meet you all...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe...we wish you could have been here Corinne! The box not arriving actually made the class agenda better and the box got here on Friday night. I was able to give the supplies then to the students. All worked out perfectly in the end. I'll give Giovanni a BIG kiss! Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete