Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Gabriella/Jalily pictures, FINALLY!


AWE! Is she just not the MOST adorable baby??? I really enjoyed bringing this one to life! Meet Gabriella Jay. I called her Jalily during her reborning process but that was just a temporary name. She is my first reborn with an added tooth.





Gabriella is going home today. In fact, 7 babies have gone home this week! Wowweeee...there is elbow room in the nursery! And, I'm on an eBay PAYING bidder roll! The auctions for Fussy Ryan and Kendal were both won by previous/current customers who are simply just terrific and paid for their dolls. Life is GRAND! This is how eBay SHOULD be and used to be.

I got a message from a friend last night who is new to selling reborns on eBay. At first, the eBay bidder/winner of her her doll tried to say it did not arrive. She checked with USPS shipping confirmation to find out that the doll in fact DID arrive. Then the buyer said that the magnetic paci was not included and to send an exact replica or they will file for a full refund. They were not nice in any of their communications. My friend knows that she knows that the paci was in the box, next to the doll wrapped in tissue paper. They probably tossed it. But good golly...what is wrong with people? File for a full refund for a missing paci? Seems this buyer is one of those that buys inexpensive reborns then resells them to Japan (self proclaimed from the buyer). They have many ID's and leave all the same comments. My friend so desires that her babies be adopted to loving homes~not be sold at a profit to other countries. ~sigh~ eBay used to be so fun. I am thankful that it has been fun for me the last two auctions.

**********IN OTHER NEWS**********

My best boy, Giovanni arrived back from Laura Tuzio Ross yesterday all re-painted! Oh my goodness I am so thrilled to have him looking good as new and back in the nursery! Pictures coming Friday maybe. Along with my two new "adoptions"...maybe!

All supplies are ordered for the 2010 EXPO painting class that I am teaching. Registration is closed now and I will have 5 students and 2 helpers in that class. I can't wait!

I'll be taking 4 prototypes to EXPO, two new full sized babies, and a 10" baby....maybe two if I can get it done. I'll be finishing paint on one of the full sized babies today. 19 days until I leave home.

I better get busy!


3 comments:

  1. Beautifully done baby!!!!
    Oh boy my last doll sold to a Japanese bidding partner. I did'nt know they resold them. I thought they bid on behalf of buyers when you don't ship overseas. Ugh!!! I hope I don't get any issues with mine. It's been two weeks so probably not. I think I will start paying very close attention to who is bidding from now on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely doll, she looks so real. What kit is she? Would love to own her.
    hayley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks gals....Hayley, she is the "Lillian" doll by Antonio Juan. I took her apart, sanded her head, stripped her paint and fully reborned her. These are not her original limbs, they are Bernenguer limbs.

    ReplyDelete