Sunday, November 1, 2009

Wow...it's November!

Even though I spent the day yesterday cleaning up 1000 pounds of tree leaves (YES..that is how many we have and I promise it was exactly 1000 pounds this year according to the city dump scales!) which usually signifies November first to me, I still am having a hard time believing that it really IS November. 1000 pounds of leaves...no wonder I am so sore today! LOL

I did not exactly meet my October goals of having three new babies ready for IDEX in fact, I did not even fully complete one as Megan still needs her lashes! I will finish her today though.

Also on the agenda for today:

I have to sand a couple of heads~ewe...never fun. One is for a doll that has been on the back burner for a friend for well over a year and the other is for my IDEX contest baby. Both these dolls need stripped too. Once that work is over then the process becomes a lot more enjoyable. I SHOULD have had this sanding done this summer but, I just did not get to it. Tonight I will start rooting Vienna if my arms are not too sore by then after the leaf cleaning of yesterday and the sanding heads of today.

My goals for November are:
Finish Megan, AA Cora (now a boy) and Vienna all for IDEX.
Finish painting twin 5" Berenguers.
Create an Asian baby for IDEX
At least get the doll for my friend painted.
Begin work on two prototypes. One is Marita Winters and the other...is a secret :)

I better get busy!




3 comments:

  1. That is something I'm very curious of how you do, Debbie. Sanding and stripping a factory doll. Would you mind (when you have time, of course) doing a post on this process? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was actually thinking of doing that for tomorrow Nina :) So many ladies that watch the blog are new reborners and start with lower priced Berenguer dolls so I think this post will be helpful. Until tomorrow.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. It will be veryt heopful!!! Thank you Nina for asking! thank you Debbie for doing, when you have time of course!! LOL

    Beck

    ReplyDelete