Thursday, November 12, 2009

My grand daughters Christmas "baby"


Please meet "Bandy", a little orangutan "baby" sculpted by Denise Pratt and produced by Bountiful Baby. Bandy is from the pre-painted, pre-rooted, eyes already inserted kit called Bindi. Bindi on the website is a girl but I thought this one makes a wonderful and adorable boy!



My Grand daughter is nearly 7 years old and a reborn baby connoisseur. She loves her babies and when I saw Bindi/Bandy, I just HAD to have one for her for Christmas. In fact, I will be getting the twin, open-mouth Binki, for her too! She does not have any primates in her collection and I am sure she will love these twins.


These pre-painted, pre-rooted kits are really wonderful! I love the color on them and the hair is just endearing. Not soft like my TNGUN mohair but for a coming 7 yr old~just perfect.

I glossed his eyes, nose and mouth, gave him a magnetic binky, trimmed the hair on his head, weighted his limbs and body with contained glass beads and put him together. I think he is the perfect gift and saved a lot of work for this Grandma!


He says "Let me outta here! There is PINK in this crib!" SOOOO cute! I am not going to wrap him and put him under the tree until I absolutely have to...I really like him!


Today at Bountiful Baby, the Bindi kit is a special price on the "Deal of the Day" promotion. Bountiful Baby started this Deal of the Day offer a few weeks ago. This kit makes wonderful, relatively inexpensive gifts for you or a loved one!

~Deal of the Day for Bindi Link~


***************************
Nursery Notes:

I ended up traveling out of town on Tuesday so feel a little bit behind on things. Oh, I had a super fun day on that trip as I met with a young lady who was making the final payment on her new baby from me. We met for lunch with her mom and I presented Jeffrey to her. It was truly a wonderful feeling to see the glow on this little girls face! She is all but 10 yrs old and has wanted one of my babies for 3 years. We caused quite a stir in the charming little cafe that we ate at with Jeffrey and Bandy~of course, I had to take him too!

I also went to a friends new consignment doll shop! She's not officially open yet but I got the grand tour and even brought home a mini OOAK baby!

I don't know who sculpted her yet, my friend needs to find her paperwork but her little face and full sculpt just kindof grabbed my heart!

I think Bandy likes her too!


I think Bandy is going to be a good helper in the nursery!


I spent the evening and late into the night last night combing mohair. Ohhhh....the fall clippings are wonderful! I will color them this morning and comb them out tonight after they have cooled in the dye baths.

I got some painting done yesterday and plan to paint today as well.

Tomorrow is FRIDAY! Be sure to come back to the blog for part 2 of
The Rubber Chicken.

Have a good day!


2 comments:

  1. Bindi was sculpted by Denise PRATT.....just letting you know...

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH my goodness~Thank you for correcting me on that...I just KNEW something was not right! I will fix it :)

    ReplyDelete