Wednesday, April 11, 2012

The DVD cover art is finished!


I am so happy with it! Click on it to make it full size.

A big thanks to Ivan Hobbs at
~EXPRESSIONS~
for creating this for me.

So where are we on the DVD?
Well, the cover art is done. The art for the discs is almost ready. The cover art for the booklet just needs one change to it before it is done. The booklet contents are sent to the producer.

After the authoring of the video, we can then decide which types of DVD's to use for the set. At this point, we can't really be sure how long the time will run and how it will best fit onto disc choices. After we do that, then I will know how much each one costs and can figure out the retail price for them.

The video is almost "authored" and I've sent payment for the authoring and for some graphic fitting work. I was pretty happy to pay that bill!

Speaking of that~let's go back to yesterdays post in regards to people asking me to lower prices or give them free dolls. (This subject is constantly on my mind lately and I can only get rid of it if I talk it out~thanks for listening!)

The first thing I want to point out is the cost of Jena's little reborn. This has nothing to do with the DVD but it just adds to yesterday. That baby is 15" long. Just little, but the bill to fully complete her including two outfits was $140.72, not figuring anything for time spent making her. For JUST a little doll! LOL Now, if Jena were to sell her, she would have listing fees and final value fees on top of the actual cost of making the doll. When people ask for free dolls, they are asking free for them but it NEVER is free for us. It is real green money out of our pockets.

Back to the DVD and the authoring. The fee for authoring is $60 per hour. REALLY?!?!?!
SIXTY DOLLARS PER HOUR!??!?! For JUST adding some chapters onto a video?!?!?!

Okay, seriously, I am NOT throwing a fit here. I am making a point. I was MORE THAN HAPPY to pay that fee. Do you know why? Because THEY are the experts and their expertise is worth something. I am comparing my statement to statements that reborn artists hear every day:
"Give it to me cheap or free, after all, it is JUST a DOLL!!!" Just as that authoring takes skill and is much more than JUST adding something, reborn dolls are much more than JUST a doll. Hmmmm...I would however LOVE to make $60 per hour for my expertise! :)

I never mind paying the price for a new reborn, or any doll for that matter. If I don't have the money, I don't buy the doll, I don't ask for handouts~that is how it should work. Speaking of which, there is new baby on her way home to me this week! Stop by Friday to see who it is!!

GREAT news too! The Mathew prototype by Jorja Pigott will be here today or tomorrow!
His "birth" will begin Sunday.

I won't be blogging tomorrow due to an extra trip to the city with my son but DO stop by on Friday! I'm pretty excited!!




1 comment: