Sunday, April 8, 2012

Bella is born! Jena is IN LOVE!

What an exciting day we had on Friday! It was Bella's expected "due date".

Jena meticulously glossed Bella's lips in anticipation of her assembly.
I am very picky about weighting a reborn for balance. Jena fully understood this concept and did a fine job weighting Bella. On small dolls like Bella, I like to fill the torso with baby fat pellets.

The body is now ready for the head.
To prevent the dolls head from falling back in an unnatural position, I teach to place granulated glass beads in vinyl gloves at the base of the neck and into the chin area. This allows the dolls head to fall naturally into it's chest when assembled.

Jena is really anxious to put Bella together and is getting very excited!!

She is clipping the neck zip-tie making Bella officially born on April 6, 2012 at 12:20 pm.

Her first cuddle with Bella!!

I love these emotional first moments. It just does not get any more precious!








Like all good reborn doll mommies, Jena had to change Bella.

She is SO proud and has every right to be!




AWE!!!!



What an awesome experience this has been!


I traveled Jena home yesterday so Bella got her first public outings. Up until those moments she was not sure she ever wanted to go through reborn "labor" again but after people excitedly exclaimed "she looks SO REAL" she is quite motivated to create another reborn baby. But she says, "not this year though!" LOL

Oh she just beamed when she showed Bella off and was so clear on her description when people would ask how she made her doll.
I am so proud of her!

XXOO

5 comments:

  1. Wow, I am thoroughly impressed! Bella is as beautiful as her talented little Mommy! Good job, Jena! :) And thank you for sharing this with us over the past few days. It has been really fun to follow the process.
    Hugs,
    Nina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job Jena. Very cute little baby.

    Debbie, I am a reborn collector, not an artist. I have 2 reborns by a very prominent artist that their heads fall back when I pick them up. I saw that you taught Jenna to put glass in a vinyl glove in the neck and chin to prevent this. Would I be able to do this not being an artist. I am so scared to remove their heads. Thanks for any help you can offer. Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Cindy. Yes, I think you can do this~it's really not as scary as you think. (remember, it IS just a doll! LOL)
    You will need new 14" very thin zip ties found at doll supply companies, 2-4 vinyl LATEX FREE gloves, depending on the size of the heads, and granulated glass beads.
    To remove the head, first expose the zip tie at the neck. Using a small, pointed scissors, hold the head and slide the scissors under the tie and clip it. Keep a good grip on the head as it will pop off. Remove the old zip tie from the casing. Remove the filings from the head. (It's a good idea to do this over a tray in case there are loose items in the head.)
    If you scroll down on this weighting tutorial that I've posted on the blog, you can see then how to weight the head:
    http://theynevergrowupnursery.blogspot.com/2010/03/real-weighting-tutorial.html
    I hope that helps. Let me know if you need help finding supplies~I can always send you what you need as well.
    Good luck!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debbie, Thank you so so much for your response. I have absolutely no supplies. How could I purchase them from you for the two dolls?
      Thanks,
      Cindy

      Delete
  4. Cindy, please email me at tngun05@gmail.com and we will get you set up.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete