Friday, December 23, 2011

Sharing my collection Friday~Christmas Babies!

Oh dear! Where to start on this blog! Well first, before I could change the babies, it was time to bring the cherry crib back into the nursery after having it out of there for most of 2011 while I did the Gallery window display and used the crib for the fall shows. I simply had not had the time to bring it back in.

Looking at this mess one wonders just WHERE that crib is going to go!?!?!?

Right there! Where there is a will, there is a way!
This last summer, we had also purchased a matching changing table for the crib. I thought it would replace my old one which is right inside the door, to the right of this picture (I am standing in the door way to take the picture) but, the new table it too long and won't fit in the space. But I really wanted to use it! So...


I took out and have decided to sell a "co-sleeper" baby bed that I had in the corner where now the new changing table resides. as you can see, I am using it to display babies:


Once I got all the furniture arranged, it was time to put babies in their places. The boys are VERY delighted to have their crib all to themselves once again.

And the girls were just as delighted to not have to cram in with the boys!


Let me share some close ups of these beautiful dolls.

These are some of them that are not in the nursery but in other areas of the house:

Joylynne (manufactured prototype from Ashton Drake and Huti Babies) keeps us delighted in the high chair in the dining room:
The "cowkids" Matthew (reborn made by me) and Tamara (Manufactured doll by Masterpiece Galleries and Dawn Donofrio) will be in their pj's waiting up by the tree for Santa to arrive:
Precious Sammie (reborn prototype made by me) is resting peacefully in the buggy in the living room:
A close up of her since I love her oh-so-much!

Audra, my mini OOAK by Sharon Robinson is on the dresser in the nursery:
Brennan, Mini OOAK by Sharon Robinson is content in the Strombecker cradle that one of my dear friends gave me for Christmas this year.
Chance, Mini OOAK by Sharon Robinson, loves his rocking horse!

And spoiled Mindy, a Mini OOAK by Sharon Robinson, loves her little walker:

Gianna (Reborn by Heaven's Garden of Angels) is on the dresser:

And so is my JD Kestner antique Baby:

Kenji (OOAK Huti Baby) rests on the new changing table:

As does Olivia Grace (OOAK Angela Harris baby):

While Annie (Reborn made by Ally Marie) keeps watch over the sleeping OOAK's:
Megan (reborn by Bella Mia Babies) sleeps with two other babies on the second shelf of the changing table:

Becca (Manufactured Ashton Drake "Farrah Beth" by Bonnie Chyle) stands near the basket of mini reborns:

Molly (reborn by Little Barn Babies/Kate Leach) sits in the nanny's chair:


On the bench are Sarah (Manufactured Masterpiece Galleries doll...I can't think of her artists name right now!)


Darling Debbie (Manufactured Berenguer doll called "Little Ballerina")
Jasmine (Jasmine at 1 1/2 yrs by Ashton Drake and Waltrud Hanal~manufactured) and Janae (Manufactured doll by Masterpiece Galleries and Laura Tuzio Ross):

Tika (reborn prototype by Valencia Lacy):

Lisa (Gotz manufactured doll)

Girls in the vintage mini crib:

Louisa (reborn prototype by Selena Saxton)

Sweet Pickles! (reborn by a gal named Rene from years ago):

Khami

Those in the girls cherry crib:

Abi (reborn by me)

Another shot of of Abi while she waited in the "holding area" as I re-arranged. I just love this shot of her widdle bum! She is snuggling Rory (reborn prototype by Dawn Donofrio...Dawn reborned him!)

Marquelle (reborn by Antie Dawn~one the last reborns she ever made. Antie Dawn is now Delta Dawn mohair)

Lauren in Silicone (Jorja Pigott/Pigott's Playpen):

Carrie Lynn (Laura Tuzio Ross silicone):

In the boys crib:
Giovanni (Laura Tuzio Ross silicone):

Michael (customized Ashton Drake/Bonnie Chyle by me) , Daniel (reborn by Yolanda Gomez) and Rory (reborn prototype by Dawn Donofrio):

Tommy~in the center with the red antlers on! I can't believe I forgot to take his picture!

Tommy is a hollow-cast silicone by Melissa McCrory. Here is another shot from distance. Also in this picture are Jacob (L corner~mini reborn by one of my reborn students), Giovanni in the rear L corner, Tommy, next to him Buddy Cassidy (manufactured Lee Middleton), Michael, Daniel, Rory then Josh in the front (reborn by me) and Erik (reborn by me)

Whew! That was a LOT of work...more work than doing the whole nursery I think! LOL There are a lot of babies that I didn't take individual pictures of...or any pictures of.
I am so very blessed to have all these dolls to enrich my life!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!

5 comments:

  1. Very lovely babies you have, thanks so much for sharing them. I love your nursery! Have a wonderful Christmas! I'm not sure if Santa is bringing me a doll or not, but if so, I'll be taking pics for Facebook. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lot of babies!! Its like going through a photo album and saying "I know him and him oh and him, and there's her and her oh and them!" Thanks for the show! Hugs Becks

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely babyies! and all so nicely dressed up for Christmas.
    I hope you did have a nice Christmas, have a Happy and Healthy 2012.
    Hugs
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow i love those doll they are so adorable! I have been looking for a real life baby doll for so long you have no idea if you could maybe give me a few tips on what sites or places you bought them from that would be so wonderful! please get back to me if you can thankyou have a wonderful Christmas ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Anonymous,
    I am a reborn doll artist and I made several of those babies. I also collect dolls from other artists~in many mediums (clay, silicone, reborn vinyl, vinyl manufactured etc). I find many of them at shows but also have purchased from eBay and from personal contacts with the artists. You can see more of my babies at www.theynevergrowupnursery.com
    Thanks for taking time to read the blog!
    XXOO
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete