Thursday, December 1, 2011

Rooting, rooting and more rooting!

Oh how I wish I could show you how the "Kitten" sculpt is coming along but this is a "mystery" baby for my customer. She knows which sculpt it is, but nothing more.

This head is BIG and takes a long time to root! I am using baby fine kid hair, 3 needles (42g & 40g CROWN and a 38g Ultra). I am more than 1/3 of the way done and have all day today and this evening to root. This is getting exciting!!

I am hoping that today the 3rd and 4th set of eyes I've ordered for her arrive. Who knew it would be so difficult to get eyes to fit this sculpt? Part of the problem is the color that I wanted. Not all colors come in all types of eyes.

Next in line for rooting is that custom order "Dimples" named Bess by her mommy. She'll be rooted with black/brown Suri Alpaca hair unless I have as many problems rooting that alpaca as I did with the Sweet Melody prototype.

I have prepped my next custom order, a Mika Donnelly sculpt and applied his little tooth. I will paint him next week. He is a bald baby and will be so fun! I ordered an outfit from the UK for him which arrived the other day in a gigantic box that was damaged. So damaged that the hat for the outfit fell out along the way. But the company emailed this morning stating they are sending another one right out. Can't wait to see the size of the box! LOL

AND...I was asked by Petra Jansen of Petra's Dolls in the Netherlands to reborn a prototype for Sebilla Bos. "Lotte" arrived yesterday and oh my~I am IN LOVE! It's a beautiful sculpt with incredible details. I will start her on the 13th of December. (I tried to add a picture of the OOAK but seems my blog is not working correctly)

Makin' Babies...


No comments:

Post a Comment