Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Baby FX Air Dry Paints


Yes, that is what I am currently working with.
Many of you have been waiting a LONG time for me to start using these 
and the pressing question now is:
"Will you use them in your class at the ROSE show??"

Well, I think I might.  I am waiting for the rest of the colors that don't come with the basic set and a couple more mediums to arrive before I fully decide.  

The Baby FX paints work just like the other three systems of paint that I use, as long as I put enough medium in them (Slow Dry).  I am told that some artists use these paints with only water but I only made a hot mess with them without the slow dry!  It just dried too terribly fast and I believe that mediums are a key ingredient to any air dry paint.

I do love the matte finish I am seeing on the first doll I am working on.

I don't remember if I told you what I am doing...

I have two of the same Berenguer sculpt.  These are the 16" LaBaby baby dolls that will make into about 18" reborns.

One will be Caucasian and one will be ethnic, painted entirely with the Baby FX paints and products.

 
Won't it be fun to see the different skin tones on the same sculpt??  

I am just finishing the paint on the Caucasian this morning and will start the ethnic today.
I can't wait!

Hugs!

7 comments:

  1. I can't wait too :) looking forward :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope to finish up the paint on the ethnic baby today!
      Pictures coming maybe Thursday :)

      Delete
    2. Can not wait to see results...will you be doing a tutorial with these as you did the scn paints?...
      Hoping to order these asap x

      Delete
    3. I can't seem to find the time to create a tutorial, however, I do have a color guide available and the application methods are the same as the other tutorials I have written. The layers may be switched around and there are a few more steps with the color guide but easy to follow regardless. Here is a link to the color guide for the Baby FX. I used this for my class at ROSE this summer: https://www.artfire.com/ext/shop/product_view/TheyNeverGrowUpNursery/12159416/baby_fx_2015_rose_class_denver_rose_skin_tone_color_guide_e-guide/fine_art/painting/other

      Delete
  2. I can't wait to see them either. I just started my baby this week...on my own and hoping I will do ok.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Were can you buy the baby fx paints

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately, the Baby FX paints are no longer being manufactured, however, Lorraine of Dream a Little Dream Nursery has some available. Click on the link and then see the tab at the far right corner. http://www.daldnursery.com/

      Delete