Both Berenguer babies are now painted!
(Using just Baby FX air dry paints and products.)
These were manufactured dolls, ready to be cuddled. This is how we used to do reborn dolls.
Both of these babies are not only classic faces but also classic reborns.
It was fun to reminisce.
Remember the sanding???
Bald heads :)
Here is how they look now.
(The babies are not on their bodies yet as they are on the way from the body maker as I type.)
The Caucasian head is "sealed" and matted. The ethnic is not and I am not going to seal and matte it.
I'll tell you more about that tomorrow.
The Caucasian baby which I think will be a boy:
Pardon my VERY dry hands. It's been an issue lately!
The ethnic baby who I think is Bi-racial and will be a girl :)
I didn't get many pictures of her as I had just finished painting her and I believe I'll have to use my other camera as my big-guns Canon as I call it doesn't do as well with ethnic tones as my older, smaller Nikon does.
Once I began painting this little darling I found some scratches in her vinyl.
That is so unfortunate!!
I don't know if I did it during her prep or if it was there when I bought the manufactured doll years and years ago.
Can you see them there on the right side of her face? :(
But look at that fantastic complexion!!!!
That is the results of just the paint!
Incredible. I've never worked with an air dry that was that beautiful without something under it or over it. This is paint on bare vinyl.
I am going to add a little texture to her brows today and gloss her little nails. Then these babies limbs will be weighted so that the glue has plenty of time to air out. I think I'll start rooting next week~I am going to spend the rest of today and all day tomorrow banding up mohair to process.
I am getting a lot of requests and I've been out for a very long time now.
I should have the offerings up in 2-3 weeks as I'll be balancing the rooting and mohair processing.
I hope I get lots made!!!