Thursday, June 20, 2013

Evon Nather's painted hair class

Wow.  I just realized that I don't think I took one picture of Evon!  
Silly me.

I had a GREAT time in Evon's painted hair class!
It was well worth the money and time spent  :)

For those who are hesitant to try the Art and Magic Water Borne air dry paints, let me tell you...

My little head that I painted for the class had been curing for a week.
Evon's way of teaching is called the "Delete Method", meaning that she wants her students to do the technique on the head, then "delete" it (remove it) and do it again. 

Of course, she teaches with Genesis Paints but I had asked if I could bring and use my Art and Magic paints.  

I was a little hesitant that I would be able to delete all of the paint off the head, but I did....
Several.  Times.

That Evon loves the word "DELETE"!!!  LOL  

However, the cured paint under the painted hair did not come off AT ALL.
None.  Nada.  It is the exact same way it was when I finished painting her at home.

So, here are some pictures from the class.
First of all, we had the utmost privilege to view three brand new prototypes painted by Evon.

First were Bean and Sprout by the amazing Laura Lee Eagles:


 These babies are so tiny and completely amazing!!

And, Raleigh, the gorgeous prototype sculpt by the incredibly talented Marita Winters!
Raleigh was sculpted specifically for the Down East Doll Show and 
Kate Charles' Ethnic Skin Tone Class.
 This baby is scrumptious!!!
 And guess who dropped by throughout the day??
Marita Winters herself!  She brought in the other prototype reborned by Kate Charles.
What a beautiful pleasure!!!


My head as it progressed...of course there were several "deletes" during the day!



 FINALLY she said "don't delete!"  Whooo!  I was on cloud nine!  LOL 




 
My head belongs to prototype Annalisa by Dianna Effner.  
I can't wait to put her together in my weighting workshops on the show floor tomorrow and Saturday.

Now the REAL busy and fun time begins!

Of to the show floor to set up my booth.  
XXOO
 


1 comment:

  1. Very nice, I am a big fan of painted hair! I also love your work and tutorials.

    ReplyDelete