Tuesday, May 1, 2012

"Uncle Jackie"

I recently received a message from a young lady who I've had some contact with over the 2 last years or so, but never did I know about her Uncle Jackie until this message came:  (Shared with permission)

Hello Debbie, I wanted to thank you for bringing joy to a person that you probably never thought you brought joy to.  About 4 months ago my uncle Jackie had passed away, and today was the first time I've ever watched the video he left for our family.   When he was sick (he had cancer that spread from his stomach to his lungs) he would read your blog with me every time I would visit him and would catch up on what he missed in the days he didn't read.  He actually mentioned those times in the video today and how happy those times made him.   I wanted to thank you for putting a smile on his face even when he was in so much pain!  Please know you were in his thoughts!  I just thought you should know that even your little blogs put a big smile on his face! He loved holding my dolls and anything to do with them.   I truly thank you and hope you send a prayer to him as I'm very sure he would love to hear from you from up there thank you so much! I look forward to seeing you at the doll show this August and hope I see some of your babies there too! Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

This touched me so deeply.  What a precious gift...a legacy...that he left for his niece.  What a great and unexpected honor to be a part of that.   I am truly humbled. 

I will be meeting this young lady for the first time at the Sauder Village Doll and Teddy Bear show in August.  I think I might cry.

No comments:

Post a Comment