Tuesday, May 8, 2012

This and that: WIP reports, Brittany story

It was requested that I tell the re-adoption story of Brittany.  

When the "Ella Rose" kit by Vikki Ebbling came out, one of my regular collectors/customers/turned good friends really liked the kit and bought one in hopes to have it reborn for her.  Then she changed her mind and offered the kit for sale, to which I bought. 

I reborned Brittany and hesitantly placed her on eBay (hesitantly because I adored her!).  That same collector/friend won her auction!  LOL  She had fallen all over again for the kit and for Brittany.   We had a good laugh over that!

However, as much as she thought she was gorgeous, she never fully bonded with Brittany.  She told me this when I visited her (and Brittany) in November of 2010, which put a little seed in my heart that I might be able to get her back someday.  

MY guess for the lack of bonding would be her open mouth as this customer does not really care for dolls with open mouths.  My customer/friend is also thinning down her collection and adopting out many of her bigger babies to which Brittany is. 

I recently offered her a trade:  A custom reborn for Brittany.  She was thinking about it and I was thinking about it but finally decided that it would be too long before I could create a custom reborn for her and I was longing for Brittany so I offered to buy her and she accepted!  Yay!!

So even though Brittany was gone for 4 years, it was if she were never gone simply because she resided at my good friends home and in her heart.  It's like sending your real children to the best babysitter!

Oh and Becky...yes, PINK????  You LIKE the pink Brittany is in??  ROFL!  Her previous Auntie purchased that outfit just for her while she waited for her arrival back in 2008.  It is a super sweet set and so perfect for Brittany.
Ahh...I love it when I can mess up my friends thinking (Becky has been a work in progress regarding her dislike of pink!  LOL).

Okay, so what am I working on now?

Well, first, I am getting close to having the Riley Schenk (now Shamika) head rooted:




Just this much left!
I'm using kid hair from a goat named Kaltapa.  This kid hair is thicker than all my other kid hair~it's more like Slumberland's kid hair and perfect for Shamika.

I adore this sculpt!!  She is for the Down East Doll Show.

I was going to share the newest baby that I am working on while I wait for the 2 prototypes from the Netherlands but my picture loader does not want to work now.  Weird.
I guess I'll have to show you tomorrow  :)

XXOO 

No comments:

Post a Comment