Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Perfection


I love reading articles about entrepreneurs.
They inspire me with their creativity, their heart, their minds, their wisdom and their "get out there and get it" attitude.  

The Costco Connection magazine always features someone who inspires me, and this month, it was
 Sir James Dyson, the inventor of the Dyson vacuum.

The word "perfect" is what really caught my attention.  I often have thought that even though my babies are the best I can make them at the time~seemingly "perfect", it is difficult for me to call them "perfect" because I have often felt that perfection is illusive.  

Sir Dyson agrees!

He states, " 'Perfect' is in fact completely the wrong word to use.  You start with a goal and you make the best possible version at that moment.  You give the customer the best available at that moment, and then you set another goal and start working on it again."
(Sir James Dyson/The Costco Connection May 2012, Volume 27, Number 5)

I jumped for joy when I read that.  
Now I feel...normal!

Striving for the best it can be at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment