Thursday, November 17, 2016

Total mohair count!



78.3 ounces!

I should end up with about 40-50 ounces of completely processed mohair.

That will be about 2 1/2-3 pounds of glorious hair.

I will have several offerings of Super Kid first clip kid hair

Kid hair

2nd clip kid hair

and yearling hair.

There will be straight hair, wavy hair and curly hair.

In many colors  :)

The washing of the locks has already begun and will continue today.  

I am very excited to be offering mohair again!

Hugs!
XXOO 

2 comments:

  1. YAY! Mohair! Congrats on the mohair :]
    I have a question, I am reborning my first doll and I wanted to add on something with sculpey clay if I were to bake it would it damage the vinyl? Would the clay crack? The temperature to bike is 275 degree I believe. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Halo!
      Thank you...it has been many weeks in the making, with more weeks to come! I will finish up washing it all today and will get it all combed by the end of Wednesday. Coloring will begin on Monday after Thanksgiving :)
      Although I have never added clay to my vinyl dolls, many people have done it successfully. When Genesis paints are used, the baking temperature is 275 so no, that temperature will not hurt the vinyl. I believe there is a process for removing the clay from the oven to prevent cracks. In the fog of my memory, I believe that you should turn the oven off and allow the clay and vinyl to cool in the oven slowly. You might contact a sculpting artist who works with clay for advice. Good luck! I can't wait to see!

      Delete