Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Playing with silicone

Yesterday, I prepped my prototype Sally kit with Genesis Satin Varnish.

I really want her to be special and I do not want any shine or "looks like vinyl" issues with her.

But, I could not get into painting her with only the 2 hours I had left in the day to work.

At the Down East Doll Show, I purchased a few miniature full bodied silicone blank sculpts from
Melissa McCrory.  I decided to work on them.

These little ones are fresh from the molds so needed bumps removed, seams sanded, fingers and toes separated, and one needed her eye sockets cut out.  Yikes...that was scary!

I opened the mouths on them too so that they can take a mini paci or suck on their hands/fingers.  

I am so excited about all of them! 

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Comments deleted for the reason that I have been checked and will continue on for the Glory of Christ.

    ReplyDelete