Sunday, November 13, 2011

"Expressions" Doll Molds by Dianna Effner

Welcome to Expressions in Jamestown Missouri!

This is the company that produces Dianna Effner's doll molds for purchase as well as provide many doll making supplies.

Expressions was closed on the day that I took a self-guided tour so other than the little bit of information that I understand about mold processing from the questions that I asked Dianna Effner, I really cannot tell you too much about this process.

I can tell you that this building is HUGE! This section, the area where they do some of the mold processing is just a small section of the building.

I never did ask what the big troughs of water are for but I assume they are for washing/cooling the molds during part of the process.

Back in the storage area of the warehouse are shelves and shelves of molds waiting to be purchased and shipped. I saw many sheets of instructions that go along with the molds.
All parts are labeled:


Some of the molds from the first stages of production:


This was the first time I've ever seen doll molds up close. It was really exciting for me to see! This is where beautiful dolls begin :)


No comments:

Post a Comment