Friday, November 11, 2011

Dianna Effner's "The Doll Studio"



Welcome to Jamestown, Missouri, home of The Doll Studio.


Dianna Effner and I had hardly any time to spend much of it in the Doll Gallery, but any spare moment I had, I would wander into the doll-filled room finding myself delighted with the precious faces staring back at me. Not only are the dolls sweet, innocent and beautiful, the outfits are simply stunning and fit each personality so well.

Here are some quick pictures I took upon one of those short visits. I don't know their names, or even their stories. I just know that they are amazing!












This is a shot looking down from the stairwell that goes upstairs to the studios, classroom and guest housing units.

The door on the left at the top of the stairs leads to the guest room, the bunk rooms and women and mens restrooms. Many people can be housed in that side of the building.

The door straight on leads to studios where dolls are sculpted, clothes are sewn and photo's are taken. The door on the right leads to the large class room.


The filming set in the class room:



Around the upstairs studios, several dolls are found. These dolls are somewhere in the process of being created.

I am totally in love with this beautiful girl!

And this made me giggle!

This face is just so sweet and mystical:

There are many shelves that store supplies in every room.

I hope you enjoyed the quick little tour of The Doll Studio. It is a fantastic and very hospitable place. I was completely at home during my stay there. It is my wish for every doll artist to have such an accommodating place such as this. :)


4 comments:

  1. ahhhh...lovely! I live in the UK and I hope one day to visit this Doll Studio and see Dianna at work..and buy another of her exquisite dolls...
    thanks for sharing this with doll lovers.
    J

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations from France, I love love love the little girl with rabbit in arms, she looks like my grand daughter when she was 3 or 4 years old...Thank so much for so beautiful dolls !

    ReplyDelete
  3. My friend and I stopped in just before the 1st Kayla mold was to be sold and placed an order on our way from taking my daughter to college in Ithica NY. I had said if I drive their I have to go to Expressions studio on my way back home to Washington state. It has certainly changed and grown with all the beautiful dolls and creativity since. Everyone was so nice and gave us a tour. Fun to remember and then to see where all comes from that Dianna and staff share with all of us over the years of her artistry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't is such a magical and peaceful place Judy?
    Thank you for sharing your story!
    Dolly Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete