Monday, April 18, 2011

Prototype Suzon by Laura Tuzio Ross

She has arrived! I am sure excited about this toothy~grinning little lady!

She is a standing 30" toddler, which to me is SO fun and unique as most dolls aren't able to stand. With an armature, Suzon will be able to stand on her own with just a tiny bit of support to keep her from falling down (such as her hand on something to support her just in case the floor shall be bumped).

I'll be prepping her kit today by opening nostrils and eye sockets, giving her a nice hot bath and applying Genesis Matte Varnish as a primer.

In other news:

I had a BLAST over the weekend writing the first picture story for Discover Dolls Magazine. I also took some additional pictures of my collection that I will post on Friday~you will want to see these :)

I've got the story ready to send but I think I will hold it hostage for a bit until I know that my copies of issue 27 are on the way from the UK to me so I may share my Feature Artist article with my friends and family. These were supposed to be sent a week ago~sigh.

As of right now, there isn't anywhere in the US that one can order the individual Discover Dolls issues. That is truly unfortunate and I hope it is fixed soon. Supposedly there will be a link on Facebook where US issues can be ordered. Right now, there is only a link for UK customers.

I'll keep you all updated on ordering when I have more info.

I've played around with my new flip camera some, doing two takes of the photo studio (I have to edit the best one with information I forgot to share on either take) and I started a take on opening nostrils....then my batter died! I think I'll try that one again today while I prep Suzon. I have dyed mohair to comb out too (spent the day at the Gallery yesterday combing raw mohair) so we'll see if I can get it done.

Today is a full, full day!

Have a good one!

1 comment:

  1. I have just seen your Suzon and shes AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete