Wednesday, January 25, 2017

The Ashton Drake Emily's are stripped!

I stripped most of the paint off of these dolls with LDC Lotion Cleaner/Cleaning Lotion.

I love that stuff.  

Unfortunately, I used up all but a tiny bit of what I had and it is not available in the US.  
I may just have to order it from Germany.

Although it didn't remove the lip and nail color completely, or the glue on big Emily's head,
it did remove all of big Emily's hair and all of the other blush and colors.  

I used pure acetone to remove what the lotion could not, but because acetone leaves the vinyl very shiny, after a good washing in hot, soapy water and rinsing, I again used the lotion to matte the vinyl back up.  The LDC Cleaning Lotion is the only stripped I know of that leaves the vinyl matte.  
And it is PH balanced so it does not hurt your hands (I still wear gloves though) and it smells good!

Here are the two Emily's ready for paint.
Big Emily's vinyl is very balanced in color.





Little Emily's vinyl is a hot mess!  


Her face, fingers and toes are very yellow compared to the rest of her vinyl

Here is a picture after I did a little bit of neutralizing with Baby FX POWDERS!
I was thrilled with the results!

Her hand before working on it with the powders:




And after:
It was really easy and took very little time to get this far.  I worked on them more after these photos were taken.

Her feet before:
The left big toe is very yellow.

And after:

With big Emily, I am neutralizing her very pink vinyl using Baby FX air dry paints.
They are going on very nicely!  

Today I will begin tone and details on these two.

Have a great Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment