Thursday, May 16, 2013

Silicone Pebbles work in progress :)

I really needed a break from rooting this big Alasia head so I decided to do a little painting on my
 10 inch silicone Pebbles.

 I should be able to finish her paint today
and can matte her on my next work day. We have not left for the arrival of our new grand girl yet.  She seems to be quite happy where she resides but we are waiting for the call so an unsure of my work schedule next week.  

Here are her two day progression pictures. 
Day 1:


 
Day 2:


 
Pebbles will be available at the Down East Doll Show

Upon talking with my mentor after completing day 1, 
she recommended that I work on more than one silicone doll at a time due to the amount of time that the paint has to cure between layers (2 hours).  
So....

I started on Dawson!
I really don't have much done on him yet at all and I probably won't have him done before the show
but I really, REALLY love this little guy!



Alasia, by Lorna Miller Sands, the Asian vinyl reborn I am working on, has about half of her hair rooted.  I've been working on her most nights along with the couple of full days I worked on her. 

The next big head to root will be Suzon, then I have the two silicone babies to root and a full reborn to paint.  And mohair to process.  I have SO much to do in the next 4 weeks!  


No comments:

Post a Comment