Thursday, May 9, 2013

Rooted hair trick

I use a little trick after I root a head that I'd like to share.

It's easy and amazing what this trick does.  

I had not yet used my trick on the "A Rose" prototype when I took her first set of pictures as she opened the box of clothing.

I didn't like her hair in those pictures:

I felt that it stood up too much and didn't lay down.  It also looked coarse which I knew it was not.

My trick is to spray the hair with plain water to get it damp.  
Style the hair laying down, placing the hair where you want it.
When you have the style in place, FULLY spray the hair until it is soaking wet.  
Once it is soaking wet, use your finger to smooth the hair to the head.
The hair will be slick and stuck to the head.  
Set the head/doll aside and allow the hair to dry naturally.

Mohair goes through a lot of stress when it is rooted.  
It's not unusual for it to need a little TLC.  
Eventually, if these steps are not taken, the hair will look better and better as time goes on, but
I would rather give the TLC before the baby leaves the nursery.

Here are the results of the wet-hair TLC for Rose:






It just looks so much better to me!  

XXOO


No comments:

Post a Comment