Sunday, June 10, 2012

Heading towards the finish line! Danene painted

It is time to put down the paint brushes (okay, what I really need to do is pack them up for my painting class...) and fully grasp onto the rooting needles!  

I've completed the paint on the last baby for the Down East Doll Show~prototype Danene 
by Violet Parker.

This little girl just emits sunshine!






She just makes me smile!!!

Today I will box up the babies that are finished in order to send them on ahead of me to North Carolina, but I think I'll delay sending the box until Tuesday.  I should have big girl Mariana finished and photographed by tomorrow noon so that she too can travel with the other dolls.  Then I will begin rooting Danene and I hope to finish rooting tiny Gus before my flight on Tuesday the 19th.  

There are a lot of things going on behind the scenes as well, such as getting all of the babies "goodie" bags and birth certificates ready; creating a show manual for the two amazing friends who are manning my table on the Friday of the show while I teach; preparing for my class, both mentally as well as physically compiling all of the needed supplies; preparing for the weighting workshop in the same manner as my painting class; gathering items that I am donating to the charity raffle; putting together a baby shower gift for the big party on Sunday; making price tags for the dolls, mohair and DVDs; and price tags for these amazing combo bassinet/bags made by Dizon Designs that I will be offering at my table:


  



 and of course making sure that all of my animals, plants and men (husband and adult son) left at home will be well cared for.  They can clean the house though  :) 
Oh, and paying the bills in advance.

I am contemplating opening up an online "show" on Saturday June 23 for my customers who cannot attend the show.  If I do this, the "show" will be from 11 am-1 pm where customers can purchase any of the doll show babies via the internet.  My android phone will notify me of any sales immediately and I can mark said dolls as sold as soon as payment is received. 
I can only do this if I have time to set it up and have it ready to make live on that Saturday of the show.  Just one more little task.  :)

I better hop to it!

XXOO



No comments:

Post a Comment