Thursday, November 19, 2015

First peeks of FBS Jazz Prototype WIP

Oh my, am I ever enjoying painting Jazz!  

First I should mention that Jazz, when complete with his head on, weighs 
NINE pounds SIX ounces!  

I was wondering how I was going to manage this heavy boy while painting and then, I got a brilliant idea...

Karen Valtin had shared her plans for making  silicone drying rack for cloth body silicone parts.  

My husband and I made the rack when I first started painting silicone dolls and I do love it for hanging the drying pieces.  



I removed the long legs from the rack and used the top part as a rack to lay Jazz's body across.  
WOW!  This makes my work so much easier!  

CAUTION....NAKED BOY DOLL PICTURE...







Without having to hold this heavy sculpt, my body stays limber and relaxed and I can reach far more places at once as I paint.  

When I am finished painting that layer, I can cover my work with a clear storage tub to keep wandering hairs and fuzz off the silicone:


Isn't that great?

Now for those work in progress pictures...

At the end of day 1:




End of day 3:







I am enjoying this little man so much!

In other news...

Chanel is FINISHED and I've completed her photo shoot.  
I will post her pictures on Sunday.  
She's such a cutie!

XXOO

1 comment: