Monday, December 9, 2013

42G PINK rooting needles

I posted a month or so ago about some new needles I was trying out of Germany.
They are 42G crown needles with a pink covering over the stem...

I LOVE THEM!


These needles, although very similar in looks to "all of the other crowns" are so very much different.

They don't leave marks (unless I have the angle wrong).
They are very forgiving in catching hairs.
They don't over-root.
They are strong.
The pink covering on the stem provide comfort.

I was at a place on my girl Preston silicone head where I just couldn't get hairs to root.
It was at a place where there had been problems in the mold and the mold was re-formed to correct.  
It made that spot a little touchy to root so I grabbed a 42G Compact needle because I know those needles grab hairs really well and root on every poke.  
Well, it did but it did not look as nice as the pink needle was rooting.  I had more "pokie-ups" as I call them and the hairs didn't lay as well.  (I am rooting from the cut end of a very thin lock.)

I only used the compact needle on an area no more than 1/2 inch deep by 1" wide.
Just enough to get me past the rough spot.  

I am happily back to using the pink needle.  

I had rooted my last two vinyl dolls with this needle too. 
I simply love it!

It still takes FOREVER to root a head but my heads look lovely.

I should have two more days on the girl Preston head, then I'll move onto the boy.

Here is the link to the Pink needle.  There are other colors as well for other gauges of needles but I like a 42g.  The site is in German but you can ask Google to translate it for you.


Have a terrific Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment