Sunday, May 15, 2016

Great presentation with the doll club!

I didn't get any pictures of my display table from my presentation with the doll club.  
The table was in front of a very large picture window, which causes a catastrophe when trying to take pictures.

But, here are the pictures I took of the dolls that I took as they were ready in the car...

Mr. Matthew went along because I also have an original Matthew from Masterpiece Galleries by Laura Tuzio Ross so I use the two of them to explain the history of the reborn doll, as Matthew is a TRUE reborn since he was a manufactured doll.  



Rebekkah also went along just because she's cool  :)  


This is the image that I used to tell my Facebook followers what I was up to.
By the time I reached my destination, I had changed the title of the presentation from
"The colors that Create" to
"The layers and Colors that Create".


This was the first presentation that I gave where I didn't write out a speech or make an outline to follow.

I knew what I wanted to say and I rehearsed it in the car as I drove.
I'll have to say it went better than all of the others I have done!  

The ladies in this doll club really didn't understand reborns very well.  
I was to speak for 15-20 minutes.

1 1/2 hours later....

The ladies really had some great questions and dialog!  
It even led to "do you have a working studio" and "where do you keep your personal collection"?

Of course that was great fun showing them a photo tour of the Dolly House!

One of the ladies does not even collect dolls but as she told me, the ladies just like for her to hang out with them.  

For the first time ever, she held a doll....Matthew.  She found him irresistible!  I didn't get pictures of that but one of the members of the club did.  She will send them to me.  He liked her very much too.

I did have some time to play after the ladies all went home.  

Rebekkah loved the tree swing outside of my friends beautiful log home that she and her contractors built.

It is way up in God's country....off the grid and nestled between some of the largest mountains in Oregon and Washington.




The backside of Mt Hood lives outside of my friends kitchen window:


I had such an amazing time!

And now, I am injured!
Not from my trip but from a horse back ride on Friday with my husband.  Nothing really happened, but somehow I pulled the tendons/ligaments in my right rib cage. 

I am pretty tough and have a high pain threshold but I am in PAIN!  

And I do not like it.  
I do not like being slowed down.  
I have dolls to work on.

Sigh....

No comments:

Post a Comment