Thursday, April 5, 2018

ReBorn FX Air Dry Sealer, Ultra Matte Varnish and Matte Powder

Baby FX paints and mediums are no longer being manufactured and there are only a few items left with suppliers around the globe.  

I recently ordered the McPhearson's ReBorn FX air dry products listed in the topic title to use with my Baby FX paints.  

I LIKE THEM!  

I put some of the mixture of the ReBorn FX matting powder (you have to mix the powder with water before adding it to anything...and you can add it to your paints, to the sealer, to the matte...anything you want!) into the sealer and applied one coat on in the manner that I apply all matte liquids with the end of a wedge and then pouncing in with dry wedges.  I used one tsp of the matting powder mix to one teaspoon of the sealer. This coated my entire doll kit (Levi).

I was very impressed with the results and I didn't have much shine at all to deal with.  

I allowed that to dry for a couple of hours and then I applied a layer of the Ultra Matte Varnish.  I did not add additional Matting Powder to the Ultra Matte Varnish.  I was very pleased!   I did re-coat the limbs as the hands and feet still had a little sheen but that second coat did the job perfectly.  

I am so happy that we have another product line that works with our beloved Baby FX!  I don't know about you, but I bought up everything I could that I know I would use when I heard that there wouldn't be any more Baby FX.

For those needing to resupply on Baby FX Slow Dry, you can use the ReBorn FX Emulsion as the thinner (along with a little distilled water) as well as the ReBorn FX Open Time to give a little more drying time to work your paints.  I have just ordered those two ReBorn FX products from McPhearson's, but my good friend, Angie Jones, tells me that the mediums from ReBorn FX do cause sheen, but it can be easily handled using the sealer, matting powder and ultra matte varnish.  

I do not have photos yet of my Levi kit that I used the sealer, matting powder and ultra matte varnish on (and I failed to take good pictures of his hands and feet before hand...as you know, the hands and feet are always the shiniest in the end of painting) but I am most happy! I am working on rooting Levi' head.

Next week I will be tied up in my bathroom.
No, it's not what you think!  LOL
My husband will be out of town and I have a grand opportunity to FINALLY paint our bathroom (after doing some repairs to the dry-wall that were there from the previous owners).  I despise the color of our bathroom so very much.  It will be like a breath of fresh air to have it painted!

If you don't hear from me~you will know why!

XXOO

No comments:

Post a Comment