Tuesday, September 26, 2017

We interrupt this business for a Mother :)




Thursday of this week (September 28, 2017) I leave for Idaho to go to my mother's house and finish packing her up for her move here to Oregon.

My husband will join us on Friday evening and on Saturday, we will be "bugging out" of the place where I grew up and the town where Mom has called home since 1974.  

It will be bittersweet as we drive away.  

I do not expect to do any studio work for a week or two as we settle mom in.  
My husband and I have been moving furniture out, taking care of tasks to get ready and I have painted mom's room and bathroom.  Today I am cleaning carpets and today and tomorrow I am putting up some shelves in the storage shed to help make more room out there for things I have yet to remove from her new closet.  

Once mom is settled and I've taken her to some appointments here, I will be starting the work on 
Full Body Silicone prototype Purdey and also on Full Body Silicone Luna.  Neither of them are here yet but I expect the timing to work out just perfectly.  

I am nervous about making such a long trip with mom.  Siting in the car is not easy for her and our journey is at least 4 hours with one potty break.  I suspect we will need more than that and we may need a meal.  

Pray that her O2 tanks hold out and that she is comfortable during the trip.   

I'll pop in from time to time here...maybe for just an update on how things are going and how our trip went etc.  

Hugs to all!
XXOO

No comments:

Post a Comment